I live in a Semi-detached house, are there any neighbourly considerations that I need to be aware of if I want to have a loft conversion?

Apart from the obvious ones like the additional contractors vehicles, scaffolding being erected and noise from hammering and sawing etc.  A home owner must comply with the Party Wall Act 1996, and obtain the adjoining owner’s permission to use the shared party wall.  If the adjoining owner does not give their consent to use the shared wall you would need to appoint a surveyor.  Please contact us directly should you require further detailed information on this matter.

« back to blog