About Charles Grosvenor
Building on Confidence Since 1973...
At Charles Grosvenor Ltd we have over thirty years experience in the design and construction of loft rooms. We also specialise in the conversion of modern truss roofs.
We strongly recommend that you speak to the owner of, or visit one of our completed projects in order to satisfy yourself that we have completed the job to the customer's complete satisfaction.
We pride ourselves in attention to detail at every stage so that projects run smoothly. We also manufacture our own staircases, which enable us to match the new loft stairs with the existing stairs, whenever possible.
In 1965 Bob Annis, managing director of Charles Grosvenor, converted his first loft working as a sub contractor. Some years later he formed his own company and in 1973 Charles Grosvenor completed it's first loft conversion, a copy of the structural plan still hangs in the reception of the head office.
Charles Grosvenor expanded quickly, converting lofts further afield in Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Surrey and Greater London. Within three years the current premises in Worcester were no longer suitable and the company re located to Redditch, Worcestershire. Although the site has been re developed and extensively extended the head office and factory unit is still based at this location today.
The company has continued to grow over the many years of trading, enabling the working area to expand to cover an area from Staffordshire and Birmingham down to the South Coast including towns such as Guildford, Reading, Bracknell, Swindon, Bristol and counties including Berkshire, Sussex, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Somerset and Devon. Loft Teams working in these areas are supervised by area managers working under instruction from the directors of Charles Grosvenor. Bob Annis has always maintained his hands on approach to business and still makes weekly visits to project sites to ensure that high standards of work and customer care are maintained. He is available at the head office to offer expert advice, guidance, and re assurance to clients concerning their conversion.
Now Bob's son Russell has joined the family business as director and carries on the tradition of designing and building conversions of the highest quality to make sure that our customers requirements are always met. From the design to the completion our team will ensure that your loft conversion will be constructed with the minimal amount of disruption and be completed to the highest standard.
We have gained experience at constructing all types of loft conversions, including Velux roof window conversions, flat roof dormer and bonnet dormer window conversions, hip roof to gable end build up conversions and mansard conversions. We also specialise in converting the modern truss roofs.
Being the longest established loft conversion specialist in the UK, we have an extensive list of completed projects on a property similar to your own available for you to view here.
Please take the time to browse our website and see for yourself the quality of the work we carry out.
Many thanks for your visit.
Why choose Charles Grosvenor?
- You are dealing with a company that only specialises in attic conversions not a general builder.
- Our design team and structural engineer work on converting lofts exclusively so their experience and expertise will bring you the highest standard of construction and finish.
- We do not sell the job on, we are not a loft agency or middleman we do the work with our own teams.
- You get a 3-D drawing showing various elevations.
- You will receive a more personal service from a highly experienced expert in loft conversions- not a builder who does any job that come their way.
- Our standard specification is more extensive than all our competitors.
- We use an in-house architect who specialises in designing loft conversions.
- The company can be contacted during office hours and at all other times you can contact us by using our answering service.
- We use our own loft conversion teams who only do one job at a time.
- We are on site every day and do not leave the job to do other work.
- Your site foreman is customer friendly and deals with any day to day matters.
- We use the same electricians, plasterers and plumbers for every conversion to ensure the highest quality finish.
- Our work teams, electricians, plasterers and plumbers are clean and tidy.
- We use high quality materials that ensure a quality build.
- You can arrange to meet the building inspector yourself.
- You can view our work and talk to satisfied customers.