Build Your Loft Conversion SAFE!


It has been reported in the Bolton News that a fire broke out at a property in the Breightmet area due to a halogen heater being used. The fire was not immediately noticed and dealt with due to the absence of any smoke detectors in the loft area which immediately raises concerens.

We have approached the subject of building your loft conversion safely in a previous blog but we will again stress the importance of building your loft safely and would urge all those considering a loft conversion to appoint a building company who will follow all safety procedures and will ensure you get a safe conversion.

The fire service have advised people to always have a working smoke alarm in the loft area and to always use heaters that are secured to the walls.

 

 


« back to blog